One of my favorite types of cuisine at the moment is Thai! It is so delicious, and it’s simplicity and ease of cooking is an absolute bonus for me.
I wanted to share with you one of my all-time best Thai dishes, I really hope you like this as much as I do!
Stir-fried chicken with lime and coconut
Cooking time 10 to 30 minutes
2 chicken beasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 large lime, zest and juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
150ml/5 fl oz reduced fat coconut milk
1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
4 tbsp roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves
4 spring onions, finely sliced, including the greens
1. Place the chicken pieces, lime zest and juice into a large bowl, stir well and leave to marinate for an hour.
2. Heat the olive oil in a pan or wok over a high heat. Add the chicken pieces and stir-fry for a few minutes, until golden all over.
3. Add the chilli, and stir-fry for 1 minute.
4. Add coconut milk, fish sauce, half the coriander and spring onions and stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes on a lower heat, until the chicken is cooked through.
5. Sprinkle with remaining coriander and spring onions on top to garnish.
Serve with: 75-100g portion of brown rice for each person, and a large portion of mixed vegetables (for example sugar snap peas, mushrooms, and baby corn).
This recipe is originally from Delia Smith’s “How to Cook Book Two,” and has been modified slightly.